LED vs. Neon
Your brand is the overall impression of your company or organization that often starts with your signs. The purpose of any signage is to draw positive attention to your brand and your business. If you have old neon bulbs in your channel letters or box signs that aren't working properly or fluorescents that have dimmed, your positive branding statement is compromised. Classic Sign Services in O'Fallon, Missouri, can provide LED conversions for all your signage and parking lot lighting.
The Benefits of LED Signs
Older channel letter signs used neon lighting because it was the only option and the least expensive choice at the time. Due to high maintenance and lack of cold weather reliability, neon offers inferior performance to the newer technology of LED. At Classic Sign Services, we have been switching our sign and parking lot lighting customers over to LED. And, of course, all new lighted signage is made with LED lamps. See for yourself the benefits of making the switch.
- Plastic instead of glass for improved performance in extreme temperature fluctuations
- Improvements in technology have lowered the price of LEDs
- LEDs require much less maintenance
- They use 1/20th the electricity of neon
- Reduce energy costs by up to 94%
- Long life – 30,000-50,000 hours (approximately 10-12 years of nightly use)
- Less risk of fire means lower insurance costs
- They do not attract bugs as there is no heat emitted
- Fewer required primary electrical circuits
- The power supply units are much less expensive than neon transformers
- LED is a low-voltage system of 12-volts (as opposed neon which is high 120-volt) which means the illumination is just as vivid yet less invasive
LED lighting can be used for channel letters, monument signs, box signs – any sign that was previously lit with halogen, incandescent, fluorescent, or neon. You will find converting to LED lighting creates a more inviting setting, offers architecturally appealing highlights, and offers reliability like nothing else. The immediate financial savings can't be ignored and the benefits to your business are undeniable.
We recommend upgrading your existing neon or other lighted signs to LED by contacting Classis Sign Services today. We offer full-service conversion with licensed in-house technicians.